A shared container service offers a cost-effective shipping solution to many major destinations world-wide. Depending on the size of the vehicles, normally 3 to 4 vehicles are loaded into a shared container. For larger vehicles, pick-ups, and large SUV’s, it may only be 2 to 3 vehicles maximum that can be loaded.
Consolidation can cause longer departure times due to the fact the container must be filled prior to departure. Keep in mind that unlike RoRo, where we can book and ship a single car, we might need to have 3 vehicles to fill a container – which means that the shipment may take longer.
Shared container shipping has its advantages in terms of cost-effectiveness as the shipping costs are split among all the vehicles loaded into the container.
Customers can also ship additional items in the truck or the backseat of their vehicle, which is not allowed in RoRo shipping.
** Container shipping is the recommended means of transportation for Vintage and Classis Cars. It requires less handling which increases safety and security of your vehicle.
- We receive vehicles at our warehouse locations and store the vehicles inside until ready to ship.
- Personal goods can be left in the backseat and/or trunk of the vehicle (Excludes hazardous goods, alcohol, and liquids of any form).
- Photos are taken at time of receipt and a complete inspection is done.
- Vehicles are not handled by Union Stevedore workers.
- Vehicles are handled less and driven less.
- Vehicles are not outside in the elements.
- Photos are taken prior to loading and during loading.
- We use proprietary 3rdparty tested lashing that is properly torqued, tested and exceeds load requirements.
- Less handling – means less potential damage.
- Non-operational vehicles can be shipped more easily via container.
- Shipping times can be longer when waiting for a consolidation.
- Destination charges are more expensive due to the container having to be transported to and from the unloading warehouse, unloading charges, port terminal charges are more expensive than RoRo.